Neck pain and other neck issues commonly manifest as one or more of the following symptoms:
- pain and/or tightness directly in any part of the neck right around the spine
- pain and/or tightness in the muscles on the side of the neck, front of the neck, upper shoulders, upper back, or base of the head
- chronic or intermittent headaches
- shoulder pain or tension
- nerve symptoms, like numbness or tingling down arms
Usually, neck pain is caused by one of the following:
- a recent injury, like whiplash from a car accident, a sports injury or other kind of fall or accident
- herniated or ruptured discs
- degenerative or arthritic bone changes
- accumulation of chronic stress and tension in the upper shoulder and neck area, which can lead to tightness and pain and tension headaches
- sitting at a desk with bad posture or looking down over prolonged periods of time
- old injuries that accumulate and finally show symptoms
- old trauma or emotional wounding
For treatment of neck pain and injuries I mostly use Ortho-Bionomy.
Ortho-Bionomy helps the body come into better alignment by addressing the way the nervous system organizes the structure. Through my 20 years of experience in working with bodies, I have come to realize that the most effective way to relieve pain is by addressing the nervous system, since the nervous system directs all the structures and functions in the body. Read more under Treatment Methods – Ortho-Bionomy...
When I work with the neck I also work on the surrounding structures, such as the shoulders, the upper spine ( as well as the lower spine, since they balance each other), the collar bones and the ribcage. Ortho-Bionomy helps the different parts of the body to find better connection to each other and function better in relationship to each other.
Even when there is degeneration in the discs, or herniated discs or arthritic changes, Ortho-Bionomy can help to reduce or eliminate pain. It helps the body deal with any issues present in a more organized way and creates more comfort and ease.
I will often bring in Craniosacral Therapy to work with related issues in the structure of the bones of the head and possibly body centered trauma therapy to work with any traumatic impact, as from a car accident. Read more under Car accident recovery…