I finally realized that being grateful to my body was key to giving more love to myself.
My approach to Massage Therapy
In my massage therapy work my intention is to listen to to you – your body as well as your words and to find out what most serves you. It is a conversation – between my sensing, feeling hands, my sensing feeling body and your body. I work very intuitively, responding to that conversation.
The emphasis can vary quite a bit – some people come for deep relaxation and letting go. Others come for stress management and relief from anxiety. Others desire very specific work, addressing specific pain from an injury or accident or a surgery.
I tailor each session to your specific needs. Sometimes I use only massage, sometimes I bring in other modalities, such as Ortho-bionomy, Craniosacral Therapy, Polarity Therapy or Trauma Resolution to address those needs.
Often my sessions are a combination of different modalities, but above all I honor your wishes.
Massage has many powerful health benefits and can help you maintain physical, mental and emotional well being.
Massage Therapy is especially beneficial when it is part of your regular wellness routine.
- relief from acute or chronic pain
- relief and prevention of muscle tension, spasms and cramps
- improved blood circulation to deliver more oxygen and nutrients to the soft tissue
- calming of the nervous system to promote a sense of relaxation and well being
- stress reduction and better ability to deal with stress
- reduced anxiety and better sleep quality
- help with soft tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue
- reduction of post-surgery adhesions and swelling, as well as more joint flexibility
- stimulation of the lymphatic system, which carries away the body’s waste products and boosts the immune system
Massage is a wonderful tool to help the muscles release tension due to injuries, trauma, stress as well as emotional holding,
Most of the time tension is held unconsciously and most people don’t even feel it until it becomes extreme and sometimes painful. Over time chronic tension can lead to pain and degeneration in the body.
Massage can help to decrease existing tension and prevent tension from building up.
- often includes the whole body ( private areas are never touched), with emphasis on areas where the most tension is held
- emphasis is on calming and soothing the nervous system and full body relaxation
- other modalities, such as Polarity or Craniosacral are often incorporated to address nervous system regulation ( helping the nervous system shift out of fight&flight mode)
Deep Tissue Massage
- reaches deeper layers of muscles and connective tissue
- concentrates more on specific areas of pain or injury
- helps to release chronic tension or adhesions
- might include trigger point therapy – trigger points are tender, congested spots in the muscle tissue that can radiate pain to other areas
At first we will spend a few moments talking about what you would like to focus on during your session. Then I leave a room and let you undress to your level of comfort in privacy.
During your session you will be lying on a massage table, either on your back, on your front or your side, covered by a sheet.
During the session I uncover only the areas I am working on and private areas remain covered the entire time and will never be touched.
I usually use a massage lotion, but if you are allergic to any oils or lotions, you can also bring your own.